First part of Workshop will be a general session for all members of Tech and Marketing clubs ( 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM). Breakfast would be available
In the First Part, Jeremy will cover the following topics-
1. His introduction, motivation and experience in Tech Industry .
2. How can students without Technology experience break into Tech Industry after their MBA?
3. How to networks with technology industry people, recruiters, hiring managers, team members?
4. What is the timeline for the recruitment cycle such as, university recruiting, internship recruiting and on-time recruiting?
5. What are the different roles in technology industry such as Product Management, Product Marketing, Program Management, Project Management, etc.?
6. What is the product development cycle and key steps, how to define product features, and develop strategies for product development steps, quality check and product launch process ?
7. Should one take relevant certifications to develop competencies such as Agile, PMI and PMP?
8. Rice is not on radars of many tech companies , how to go around it?
9. How to prepare for the Product cases which are very different from consulting cases? What are the useful case books?
Lunch from 11:30 am to 12:00 noon.
For second part (12:00 AM to 2:00PM) we will break in small groups and have activities , group cases or presentations which are an integral part of Tech recruiting.
6100 Main Street, Houston, TX 77005, United States
Jeremy is a Rice Rice MBA alum of 2008 batch. He has spent the past 8 years of his career gaining technical, strategy and design experiences in multiple environments: large tech (Microsoft, Google, Apple), early stage startup and mostly recently, a small design studio.
Maria Clara Leiva
Co-hosted with: Career Development Office (CDO), Rice Marketing Club
Contact the organizers